The Museum is located at Geigera Place (Off Cunningham Street) Kingston.
Rides operate on selected Sundays (see upcoming trips and tours listing on the home page) and leave the Museum platform on a half hour schedule from 1 pm returning about 20 minutes later.
Tickets are $5 per seat (babies not occupying a seat travel free).
During the trip to Fyshwick our experienced volunteers will explain the history of the railway you are travelling over and of our 80 year old rail motor fleet you are travelling in.
Passengers young and old alike get the opportunity to:
• Sit up front next to the driver, so they can see the track ahead.
• Watch the driver at the controls of the rail motor as it meanders along the track to Fyshwick.
• Have a photo taken in the Driver’s seat once back at the platform, so bring your camera.
• See the “original” railway line into Canberra and the old bridge that regularly got covered by flood waters
• See the wagons off the “last freight train into Canberra” whilst they still exist.• Find out how the front of a rail motor train mysteriously becomes the back!
• Pass over the Jerrabomberra creek bridge and under the new twin bridges of the Monaro highway.
Of course, you can also link your Railmotor ride with a tour of the exhibits at the Canberra Railway Museum (extra cost) to gain that full railroad experience.
For larger group, extra trips can be scheduled, just enquire at the entrance counter. Let us know if your visit is to celebrate a birthday or other special occasion so we can provide that something extra for the guest of honour.
Post expires at Sunday June 30th, 2013 11:59pm